South Pasadena City Council member Marina Khubesrian, M.D. attended a press conference to support the Vote Yes on Measure M campaign along with a wide coalition of elected officials, environmental groups, public health organizations, labor groups and chambers of commerce.
Marina Khubesrian represented the Beyond The 710 Initiative and the Cities of South Pasadena, Pasadena, La Canada Flintridge, Sierra Madre which have all passed resolutions in support of Measure M.
Measure M is the LA County Traffic Improvement Plan that will fund infrastructure and traffic improvement projects resulting in:
- 15% less time stuck in traffic
- 465,000 new jobs
- Fill potholes and repair roads now in all 88 LA County Cities
- Affordable fares for seniors, disabled people and students
- Earthquake retrofits to bridges and overpasses
- M does not fund the building of new freeways and excludes any funds from being used for construction of a 710 tunnel.