South Pasadena Farmer’s Market
Fresh California-Grown Produce in Your Own Back Yard
Open Thursdays Rain or Shine! Spring/Summer 4 pm to 8 pm in historic South Pasadena by the Metro Gold Line at South Pasadena Station.
Visit the Market every Thursday except Thanksgiving Day.
Located on Meridian Ave. and El Centro Street next to the Gold Line South Pasadena Station. Free public parking is available in the old school parking lot (when there are no school events taking place). Come check out the South Pasadena Preservation Foundation historical museum, inside the old Iron Works building.
The Market is entering its seventeenth year. It is managed by the nonprofit South Pasadena Chamber of Commerce.
The Market has been recognized as one of the best in the land. Here’s why:
- Hosting the national Farm to Table Tour by Toyota bringing record numbers of market attendees and featuring eight local chefs and a celebrity who created gourmet samples.
- Named “Best Evening Farmers’ Market” by LA Weekly, “Best Farmers’ Market” by Pasadena Weekly and “Best Market East of Hollywood” by Hometown-Pasadena.com.
- Highlighted by NBC Channel 4’s Joel Grover and KCRW’s “Which Way LA?” as an authority on catching fraud in Farmers’ Market.
- The Market gives all people access to fresh fruits and vegetables through Nutritional Assistance Programs, WIC (Women, Infants, Children,) and the Senior Farmers’ Market Nutritional Program as well as Cal Fresh (EBT).
- Providing free public events at the Market such as the Safety Fair, Christmas Tree Lighting, Earth Day Celebration with the Farm to Table Toyota Tour and the upcoming Summer Celebration.
- The Local Market Annex featuring local businesses
- Community Corner for local nonprofits including South Pasadena Arts Council, Relay for Life, the Water Council and more.