The weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena, as provided by the SPPD. Being an alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember, call the South Pasadena Police Department at (626) 403-7270 to report any suspicious activity.
• 1-16-20, 10:13 a.m., 700 block of Mission. ’17 Ford F650. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s unlocked vehicle. LOSS: Cell phones.
• 1-19-20, 12:50 p.m. to 1:40 p.m., El Centro/Adelaine. ’14 Toyota Prius. Suspect takes loss from victim’s unlocked vehicle. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, black, 35, Los Angeles. LOSS: Gift card (recovered).
FRAUD BY FALSE PRETENSE
• 1-15-20, 10:13 a.m. to 11:02 a.m., 4900 block of Collis. Suspect calls victim and claims to be a lawyer. Suspect claims that victim’s family member was arrested and money is required to keep the family member out of jail. Suspect instructs victim to withdraw and hand cash over to a courier. Victim complies with suspect’s instructions. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Female, white, 20s, platinum hair.
• 1-18-20, 10:22 p.m. to 1-19-20, 12:16 a.m., 400 block of Garfield. Suspect calls victim and claims to be an Apple employee. Suspect informs victim that her phone, laptop, banking information and identity have been compromised. Suspect instructs victim to grant access to her computer and to purchase gift cards in order to secure her devices and accounts. Victim complies with suspect’s instructions.
IDENTITY THEFT / CREDIT-CARD FRAUD / CHECK FRAUD
• 1-15-20, 12:44 p.m., 600 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect alters and attempts to cash victim’s check.
• 1-15-20, 2:39 p.m. to 3:24 p.m., 200 block of St. Albans. Suspect(s) use victims’ personal and banking information to open multiple credit accounts and make unauthorized purchases.
• 1-18-20, 9:49 a.m. to 10:31 a.m., 900 block of Summit. Suspect responds to victim’s online classified ad and overpays with a fraudulent check. Suspect instructs victim to wire the extra money. Victim complies with suspect’s instructions.
• 1-15-20, 8:33 a.m. to 8:56 a.m., 1300 block of Lyndon. ’87 Toyota Corolla.
• 1-17-20, 12:02 p.m. to 12:05 p.m., 2000 block of Fremont. ’17 Toyota Camry.
• 1-17-20, 12:05 p.m. to 12:06 p.m., 2000 block Fremont. ’11 Honda CRV.
• 12-28-19, 11:30 p.m. to 1-6-20, 12:10 p.m., 2000 block of Fremont. Suspect(s) enter victim’s residence through unknown means and take loss. Suspect(s) then use victim’s information to make several unauthorized transactions. LOSS: Computers, miscellaneous items, automobiles.
POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
• 1-14-20, 2:34 p.m. to 2:53 p.m., 1300 block of Huntington. Suspect is stopped for a traffic violation and found to be in possession of methamphetamine. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, Hispanic, 32, Pasadena.
• 1-17-20, 8:02 a.m. to 9:07 a.m., 400 block of Oaklawn. Officers respond to a call regarding a suspicious vehicle and find suspect to be in possession of drug paraphernalia and methamphetamine. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, white, 39, South Pasadena.
• 1-19-20, 7:51 p.m. to 8:15 p.m., 90 block of Monterey. Officers respond to a call regarding a prowler and find suspect to be in possession of drug paraphernalia and methamphetamine. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, 45, Los Angeles.
• 1-15-20, 5:43 p.m. to 7:09 p.m., 700 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect urinates in public. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, black, 43, Van Nuys.