The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Call the South Pasadena Police Department to report any suspicious activity.
• 7-13-16, 5:07 p.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect takes loss and leaves store without paying. Suspect Description: S1 – Male, White, 508, black shirt, black shorts, black shoes. S2 – Female, White, 505, blonde hair. Loss: Liquor.
• 7-14-16, 11:30 a.m. to 11:50 a.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks. Suspect(s) take loss from victim’s purse while victim is distracted. Loss: Bank cards.
• 7-19-16, 3:03 p.m. to 3:36 p.m., 1400 block of Mission (Chevron). Suspect takes victim’s unattended loss. Loss: Wallet, bank cards, miscellaneous
• 7-13-16, 11:12 PM to 11:29 p.m., 800 block of Meridian. ’12 Toyota Corolla.
Suspect smashes window to gain entry and takes loss. Loss: Backpack, office supplies.
• 7-19-16, 7:30 p.m. to 7:50 p.m., 900 block of Mission. ’12, Mercedes C63.
Suspect smashes window to gain entry and takes loss. Loss: Dash cam.
7-13-16, 1:57 p.m. to 2:27 p.m., 1400 block of Fremont (South Pasadena High School). Suspects enter a classroom and take loss. Suspects pour coffee on computers. Suspects Arrested: S1 – Female, Juvenile. S2 – Male, Juvenile. Suspect Description: S3 – Male, Juvenile. Loss: Cash, gift
card, transit pass cards, basketball.
• 7-17-16, 10:00 p.m. to 10:23 p.m., 1700 block of Bank (hot prowl). Suspects pry open rear door to gain access to victim’s residence. Suspects then wake victim up and demand money. Loss: None. Suspects Description: (2) Males, wearing dark clothes and a dark hooded jacket.
• 7-13-16, 4:25 p.m. to 4:37 p.m., 1700 block of State. Suspect kicks in
victim’s front door.
• 7-7-16, 3:37 p.m. to 7-14-16, 3:49 PM, 1000 block of Arroyo. Suspect uses a permanent market and vandalizes victim’s trailer.
IDENTITY THEFT/CREDIT CARD FRAUD/CHECK FRAUD
7-15-16, 10:00 a.m. to 10:33 a.m., 1800 block of Olive. Suspect(s) use victim’s social security number to open various credit card accounts.
DRUNK IN PUBLIC
7-15-16, 9:36 a.m., Huntington and Marengo. Officers respond to a subject sleeping in the Edison right-of-way. Suspect is found to be intoxicated and unable to care for himself. Suspect Arrested: Male, Hispanic, 53 years, Alhambra.
7-17-16, 2 p.m., 70 block of Pinecrest. Suspect calls victim from Mexico, posing as victim’s cousin. Suspect claims to be in trouble and requests money to be wired to her. Victim makes two wire transfers to suspect.
POSSESSION OF PARAPHERNALIA
•7-18-16, 11:54 a.m., Pasadena/Arroyo. Suspect is walking on the street and is stopped for a traffic violation. Suspect is found to have drug paraphernalia and a stolen credit card in his possession. Suspect Arrested: Male, White, 26 years, Paradise.
•7-19-16, 4:16 p.m., 900 block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Officers respond to a
suspect screaming at store employees and patrons. Suspect ignores officer’s orders, pushes an officer, and resists arrest. Suspect Arrested: Female, White, 42 years, Los Angeles.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.