The Weekly Crime Summary is a list of reported auto thefts, burglaries, robberies and other activities occurring in the City of South Pasadena. An alert and well-informed citizen makes you less of a target to a criminal. Remember: Call the South Pasadena Police Department at (626) 403-7270 to report any suspicious activity.
POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
12-24-19, 9:40 p.m. to 9:56 p.m., 1100 block of Fairview. Officers responding to a shoplifting call conduct a traffic stop after locating suspect. Officers find suspect in possession of methamphetamine and methamphetamine pipes. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, white, 68, Los Angeles.
· 12-24-19, 10:28 p.m. to 10:29 p.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and places loss into a shopping cart. Employee sees suspect exit store without paying. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Female, white, 38, Alhambra. LOSS: Groceries (recovered).
· 12-25-19, 11:22 a.m. to 11:43 a.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks (Vons). Suspect enters store and employee sees suspect place loss into a bag and exit store without paying. SUSPECT ARRESTED: Male, white, 39, Whittier.
· 12-26-19, 2:42 a.m., 1800 block of Gillette Crescent. ’17 Honda Civic. Suspect enters victim’s unlocked vehicle and takes loss. LOSS: Bank cards, U.S. currency, miscellaneous items.
· 12-27-19, 10:20 a.m. to 11:01 a.m., 1700 block of Grevelia. ’15 Toyota Tacoma. Suspect(s) remove loss from victim’s vehicle. LOSS: Tailgate.
· 12-19-19, 1:48 p.m. to 2:14 p.m., 1100 block of Brent. Suspect takes loss from victim’s front porch. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, Hispanic,
5-foot-7, heavyset, wearing all black clothing. LOSS: Parcel packages.
· 12-30-19, 8:07 a.m. to 8:27 a.m., 900 block of Fair Oaks (Rite Aid). Suspect
enters store and employee sees suspect take loss and exit store without paying. SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: Male, black, wearing a red hoodie, black pants with a tan bag. LOSS: Alcohol, batteries.
12-18-19, 9:38 a.m. to 12-19-19, 12:22 p.m. Suspect calls victim, claiming to be a federal agent. Suspect then informs victim that victim is part of an investigation and to deposit money into a bank account in order to be cleared from the investigation. Victim complies with suspect’s instructions and makes multiple deposits.
12-20-19, 10:40 a.m. to 12-22-19, 10:55 a.m., 1200 block of Huntington. Suspect(s) break open mailboxes and take loss. LOSS: Mail.
12-28-19, 4:28 p.m., 400 block of Fair Oaks (GNC). Suspect calls victim, claiming to be a cartel member. Suspect threatens victim with injury and kidnapping unless victim took money out of the store register. Suspect also instructs victim to purchase supplies and transfer money to an account. Victim complies with suspect’s demands. LOSS: U.S. currency.
12-29-19, 2:08 a.m. to 3:24 a.m., 1100 block of Fair Oaks (South Pasadena Eye Care). Suspects shatter glass door to gain entry into victim’s business and take loss. SUSPECT DESCRIPTIONS: S1 – Wearing a black-and-white skeleton mask, black hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, black tennis shoes, white gloves; S2 – Wearing a black jacket with red hood, black pants, dark tennis shoes with white soles and pink/purple shoelaces, yellow gloves, black bag; S3 – White/Hispanic, wearing a black ski mask, black leather jacket, desert-colored camouflage pants, light-colored tennis shoes, black gloves, pink plastic bag; S4 – White/Hispanic, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black pants, black shoes, light-colored gloves. LOSS: Eyeglasses.
12-29-19, 4:10 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., 600 block of Alta Vista. Suspect(s) enter victim’s residence and take loss. LOSS: Electronics, purses, miscellaneous items.
For graffiti removal, call the City of South Pasadena “Graffiti Removal Hotline” at 626-403-7249. This is a 24-hour a day recording. A written release is required prior to removal from private property.